Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Androgynous Haircuts in Children's Movies



I have theory. If you’re making a kids movies, especially of the action variety, the kid you cast as your hero needs one thing. An unbelieveable androgenous haircut. Why? Because you want both girls and boys to be able to identify with your lead and possibly emulate their hairstyle.  Again, I want to point out that I’m not ridiculing these actors because I’m pretty sure I had all these hair style at one point.



Austin O'Brien: Last Action Hero

Joshua Jackson: Mighty Ducks.

Muppet Treasure Island: Kevin Bishop

Edward Furlong: Terminator 2

Aladdin, 
you want to know how Androgynous this was? Look how long they made Jasmine's hair in comparison:



Jake Lloyd: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
His hair was supposed to look like a helmet, I think, to foreshadow Vader's dark helmet.

And of course the greatest androgynous cut of all time: 
JT, love you man



The Hollywood Defender



No comments:

Post a Comment